DWS has established an advisory body to further advance its holistic environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy. The new board consists of six highly recognized international sustainability experts from diverse disciplines who will actively advise the company’s chief executive officer and executive board on the acceleration of its ESG strategy.
"We want to take a leading role in ESG in the asset management industry and are already making ESG the core of everything we do,” says DWS CEO Asoka Wöhrmann. “It is thrilling to now be able to work with such an internationally renowned group of experts to help advance and further accelerate our ESG strategy. I look forward to being challenged and to receive valuable input from our new ESG advisory board."
The members of the ESG advisory board are:
- Peter Damgaard-Jensen, chairman of the Institutional Investor Group on Climate Change, the main European investor body focused on climate change, and former CEO of PKA, one of Denmark's largest pension funds.
- Marie Haga, associate vice president of the International Fund for Agricultural Development, and former executive director of the Global Crop Diversity Trust. She has also served as a member of Parliament in Norway and held three ministerial positions.
- Ioannis Ioannou, a professor of strategy and entrepreneurship at the London Business School. He serves on the advisory board of Ethical Corporation - Reuters Events and is a member of the World Economic Forum Experts Network.
- Lisa P. Jackson, vice president of environment, policy and social initiatives at Apple Inc. She served as head of the US Environmental Protection Agency appointed by former President Barack Obama.
- Georg Kell, co-chair. He is a founding executive director of the UN Global Compact, the world's largest and most important initiative for sustainable business management, and chairman of Arabesque, the parent company of the two DWS partners Arabesque AI and Arabesque S-Ray, in which DWS holds minority stakes.
- Roelfien Kuijpers, co-chair. In her role as DWS’ global ESG client officer, Kuijpers co-chairs the new ESG advisory board. She is also a board member of the Institutional Investor Group on Climate Change.