The Asian financial crisis paved the way for a more resilient Asia. For years, the region has been the world’s economic growth engine on the back of China’s burgeoning economy and steady growth in India and Southeast Asia. Asia is also on its way to becoming a global wealth centre with an expanding high-net-worth individual (HNWI) segment and the emergence of its middle class. Its bond markets are now among the world’s largest.
In the bond space, China is a force to be reckoned with. The second-largest in Asia and third-largest globally, China’s bond market is expected attract more foreign investment following the launch of the Hong Kong-China Bond Connect. The revival of the panda bond market, on the other hand, provides access for issuers to tap Chinese investors.
Infrastructure is a priority across Asia and the capital markets are helping build it. Moreover, China’s Belt and Road initiative is helping to improve infrastructure as it strengthens regional connectivity.
Reinforcing its role as one of Asia’s bond centres is Singapore with its investment schemes aimed at boosting market participation. The Asean remains an attractive investment destination for international investors while frontier markets such as Sri Lanka remain on investors’ radars.
Climate change is also high on the agenda. The green bond market is booming in Asia, driving renewable energy and infrastructure projects. Moreover, environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors are now being actively adopted by investors in the region.
The Asian Bond Markets Summit is the definitive fixed income event in Asia that draws the largest participation of issuers and institutional investors. Organized in association with the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the summit is part of the ADB’s Asian Bond Markets Initiative that aims to deepen the development of Asian bond markets.
Speakers / Agenda
- Who are the most active issuers and investors?
- What reforms have been implemented to strengthen market infrastructure and improve secondary market liquidity?
- What initiatives have been launched to foster regional cooperation?
- What is the outlook for the next 12 months?
- What are the funding options available to Belt and Road-related infrastructure projects?
- What role multilateral agencies can play to support Belt and Road-related projects particularly in countries with comparative poor credit profile?
- What are the challenges around valuation of infrastructure investments and what’s the specific approach in valuing this type of assets?
- How do investors approach investing in infrastructure projects?
- How can investors effectively integrate ESG into portfolio construction?
- Will pick up in ESG investment usher a new era for fixed income investment?
- Will green bonds become a mainstream asset class?
- The rise of the ASEAN green bonds
- Will this result to a lower borrowing cost and if so, will Indonesia rely more on foreign borrowing?
- What should Indonesia do to reap the maximum benefits out of the rating upgrade?
- Is the rating upgrade spurring more G3 bond issuances from Indonesia and attracting more first time issuers from Indonesia?
- Is the rating upgrade attracting new investors into Indonesia and if so, which sectors are they looking at?
- What initiatives are being launched to boost local currency financing for infrastructure?
- How can project bonds become more attractive to foreign investors?
- Credit enhancement and the role of ratings
- Where are we in terms of electronic trading platforms?
- What are investors' views and how do they use them?
- What will it take for Asia's bond markets to cross into the digital age?
The Asset events are the perfect size to offer the best of both worlds to our delegates, our conferences are highly interactive and each offers a unique forum where both speakers and delegates can contribute and learn and our clients can forge new and profitable business relationships to help the industry advance.
Sponsoring or exhibiting at The Asset 12th Asian Bond Markets Summit 2017 is a prime opportunity to put your products and services in front of key industry players and decision makers.
Depending on your goals and level of sponsorship required, a benefits package can be designed to target a particular audience or broad group. Features include prime speaking positions on the main programme, a large exhibition in the main networking room offering suppliers a platform to network and showcase their solutions and intimate roundtable discussions, enabling vendors to promote their services and expertise in interactive sessions.
As our Event Partner you have the opportunity to create new industry connections and generate new business opportunities. You meet relevant decision makers, professionals and finance industry leaders.
Asset Benchmark Research
to attend the dinner
Limited number reserved exclusively for the chief financial officer, treasurer, head of Finance, chief investment officer, head of portfolio management, head of equities, head of fixed income, head of alternative assets, head of infrastructure, head of fund selection,head of commercial/retail banking, head of investment products and head of financial advisory
head of institutional/retail sales, head of product distribution, head of debt capital markets, head of fixed income origination/ sales/ trading/ research, head of credit, head of corporate access, head of business development and head of sales
*A US$200 early bird discount applies for paid registrations before September 16 2017.